Tuesday 4 June 2013

Mulholland and Kapoor - One You Know One You Don't


 Old Station Masters House, Station Road, South Bank
Medium: Pencil Date: ??  Size: 15" x 22"
Location: Collection of Len Tabner
You've probably like me never heard of David Mulholland (1946-2005) but I'm sure you've heard of Anish Kapoor. Dave Lee eloquently explains why we’ve not aware of Mulholland's  'powerful' work.

State art robs us of access to local, 'accomplished and original' artist like Mulholland. As State Art prefers to big up its own 'State Artists' like Kapoor.

Lee brilliantly explains the problem and suggests solutions.

So, I urge you to visit David Mulholland’s site then read Lee’s article.


I trust that you will then share my concern with State Art and how it excludes the local artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment